Arizona is Number 4 in Top US Investment Destinations!
By Dawn Crawford
Posted on: Jul 21st 2022
The NAR Research team has just released the highly anticipated 2022 International Transactions in U.S. Residential Real Estate report.
It includes data from April 2021-March 2022 and includes highlights such as:$59 BILLION foreign buyer residential purchases
8.5% increase from the previous year, breaking a three-year streak of declines
57% resident foreign buyers
43% non-resident foreign buyers
Top Foreign Buyers
- Canada – 11% of foreign buyers ($5.5B volume)
- Mexico – 8% of foreign buyers ($2.9B volume)
- China – 6% of foreign buyers ($6.1B volume)
- India – 5% of foreign buyers ($3.6B volume)
- Brazil – 3% of foreign buyers ($1.6B volume)
- Colombia - 3% of foreign buyers ($1.0B volume)
Top US Destinations
- Florida (24%)
- California (11%)
- Texas (8%)
- Arizona (7%)
- New York (4%)
- North Carolina (4%)
- Germany, the United Kingdom, France and Japan round out the top 10 countries of origin of foreign buyers.
- Other major state destinations were New Jersey, Illinois, South Carolina and Virginia.
- The average ($598,200) and median ($366,100) existing-home sales prices among international buyers were the highest ever recorded by NAR – at 17.7% and 4.1% higher, respectively, than the previous year
download the full report | read the news release